Mastering The World's Most Perfect Cookie With 50 Delicious Recipes, Shipped Right to Your Door
Lemon Cake Batter Macarons Recipe
These Lemon Cake Batter Macarons have a light and fluffy texture and are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. They'll wow your guests at any party or gathering.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 48 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Sift together the almond flour and powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Separately, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
- Beat in the granulated sugar and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the lemon extract and yellow food coloring until well combined.
- Fill a piping bag with a round tip with the batter.
- Pipe 1-inch (25-cm) circles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving 2 inches (5 cm) between each circle.
- To release any air bubbles, gently tap the baking sheet on the counter.
- Allow the macarons to cool for 20-30 minutes at room temperature, or until a skin forms on top.
- Bake the macarons for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are set and the bottoms are golden.
- Allow the macarons to cool completely on the baking sheet before removing them and filling with the filling of your choice.
The Ultimate Macaron Baking Cookbook
Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes
Gourmet French Macarons
Pink Grapefruit Macarons Recipe
Star Anise Latte Macarons Recipe
Strawberry Macarons Recipe
Almond Macarons Recipe