Foolproof Recipes With 60 Flavors To Mix and Match, Shipped Right to Your Door
Passionfruit and Blueberry Macarons Recipe
Fruity flavor abounds in these delicate macarons. The tangy passionfruit buttercream complements the sweet blueberry filling perfectly.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, combine the ground almonds and icing sugar, then sift into another.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk in the caster sugar gradually until the mixture is glossy.
- To the meringue mixture, add a few drops of blue food coloring and gently fold in the almond mixture until well combined.
- Fill a piping bag with a plain nozzle with the mixture and pipe 2cm circles onto the prepared tray.
- Tap the tray firmly on a work surface to remove any air bubbles, then set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the macarons have risen and set but are still slightly soft in the center.
- Allow the tray to cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the buttercream.
- To make a smooth, spreadable consistency, cream together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in enough passionfruit juice to make a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- Spread some buttercream on half of the macarons, then top with a blueberry and sandwich with the remaining macarons.
Macaron Baking Kit With Silicone Baking Mats
French Macarons For Beginners
Blue Diamond Finely Sifted Almond Flour
Vanilla Bean Macarons Recipe
Homemade Strawberry Macarons Recipe
Coffee Macarons Recipe
Pistachio Macarons Recipe