Everything you Need to Create Perfect Macarons, Includes Two Silicone Baking Mats
Almond and Chocolate Macarons Recipe
These Almond and Chocolate Macarons are a sweet and decadent treat ideal for any occasion. The rich and creamy chocolate ganache filling perfectly balances the delicate almond and chocolate flavors.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 18 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the powdered sugar, almond flour, and cocoa powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Separately, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Add the granulated sugar gradually to the egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until just combined with the egg white mixture.
- Fill a piping bag with a 1/2-inch round tip with the mixture.
- Pipe 1-inch circles onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- To release any air bubbles, gently tap the baking sheets on the counter.
- Allow the macaron shells to form a skin at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake the macaron shells for 15-18 minutes, or until they are set.
- Allow the macaron shells to fully cool on the baking sheets.
- To make the chocolate ganache filling, bring the heavy cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and pour the hot cream over them.
- Allow for 1-2 minutes before stirring until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature and slightly thicken.
- Place a small amount of ganache on half of the macaron shells.
- To make sandwiches, top with the remaining macaron shells.
- Allow the macarons to chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Mad About Macarons
The Ultimate Macaron Baking Cookbook
Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes
Cookies and Cream Macarons Recipe
Buttercream and Plum Macarons Recipe
Coffee and Baileys Macarons Recipe
Lime Ginger Macarons Recipe