Mastering The World's Most Perfect Cookie With 50 Delicious Recipes, Shipped Right to Your Door
Lemon Macarons Recipe
These delicate and delicious macarons are filled with a smooth lemon buttercream and flavored with zesty lemon. They're ideal for a special occasion or a decadent treat.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Two baking sheets should be lined with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground almonds and icing sugar.
- Whisk the egg whites with the cream of tartar in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar to the egg whites, whisking constantly until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the almond mixture, lemon zest, and food coloring into the egg whites.
- (if using).
- Fill a piping bag with a round tip with the mixture.
- Pipe small rounds of the mixture onto the baking sheets that have been prepared.
- To remove any air bubbles, gently tap the baking sheets on the work surface.
- Allow the macarons to rest for 15-30 minutes at room temperature, or until a skin forms on the surface.
- Bake the macarons for 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until light and fluffy for the filling.
- Gradually beat in the icing sugar until smooth and well combined.
- Beat in the lemon juice and (if using) food coloring until the filling is light and fluffy.
- Pipe a small amount of the filling onto the flat side of one macaron shell and sandwich with another shell to make the macarons.
- Rep with the rest of the macarons and filling.
Wicked Good Macarons
Macaron Baking Kit With Silicone Baking Mats
French Macarons For Beginners
Blue Diamond Finely Sifted Almond Flour
Strawberry and Creme Brulee Macarons Recipe
Blueberry Cookies and Cream Macarons Recipe
Blueberry Banana Macarons with Sprinkles Recipe
Blueberry Cheesecake Macarons Recipe