Colorful French Confections To Make At Home, Shipped Right to Your Door
Orange Chocolate Macarons Recipe
These Orange Chocolate Macarons are a delectable and eye-catching dessert. The orange and chocolate flavors complement each other perfectly, and the delicate macaron shells are sure to impress your guests.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 18 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Two baking sheets should be lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the powdered sugar, almond flour, and cocoa powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until frothy.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar, then beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- To the egg white mixture, add the orange extract and a few drops of food coloring and beat until combined.
- Gently fold the almond flour mixture into the egg white mixture with a spatula until just combined.
- Fill a piping bag with the batter and pipe small circles onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 inch of space between each circle.
- To release any air bubbles in the macarons, gently tap the baking sheets on the counter.
- Allow the macarons to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to form an outer skin.
- Bake the macarons for 16-18 minutes, or until they are set and easily release from the parchment paper.
- Before removing the macarons from the baking sheets, allow them to cool completely.
- Sandwich pairs of macarons together with your favorite filling once they've cooled.
Acrylic Macaron Display Tray And Stand
Mad About Macarons
The Ultimate Macaron Baking Cookbook
Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes
Raspberry Chocolate Macarons Recipe
Chocolate Red Velvet Macarons Recipe
Strawberry Cream Macarons Recipe
Cappuccino Espresso Macarons Recipe