Mastering The World's Most Perfect Cookie With 50 Delicious Recipes, Shipped Right to Your Door
Blueberry Banana Macarons with Sprinkles Recipe
Blueberry Banana Macarons with Sprinkles are a colorful and fun take on the classic French treat. The delicate almond shells are flavored with banana extract and colored blue before being filled with a sweet and tangy blueberry jam. They're finished with a generous coating of colorful sprinkles for a whimsical touch.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- In a food processor, combine almond flour and powdered sugar and pulse until well combined and finely ground.
- Separately, whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form after adding granulated sugar, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Beat in the vanilla and banana extracts, as well as a few drops of blue food coloring, until just combined.
- Gently fold in one-third of the almond flour mixture at a time until well combined.
- Fill a piping bag with a round tip with the mixture.
- Pipe small circles onto the prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Tap the baking sheet a few times on a flat surface to release any air bubbles.
- Allow macarons to cool for 20-30 minutes at room temperature, or until a skin forms on top.
- Bake the macarons for 15-20 minutes, or until they are set but not browned.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Spread a thin layer of blueberry jam on half of the macarons and sandwich with the other half.
- To decorate the macarons, roll the edges in sprinkles.
- Serve and have fun.
Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes
Gourmet French Macarons
Wicked Good Macarons
Cappuccino Espresso Macarons Recipe
Chocolate Black Cherry Macarons Recipe
Almond Chocolate Ganache Macarons Recipe
Mint, Lemon, Chocolate and Raspberry Macarons Recipe