Indulge in the Delicate and Delicious World of French Macarons with this Cookbook
Pistachio and Chocolate Macarons Recipe
These pistachio and chocolate macarons are a delectable treat that will not disappoint. The delicate pistachio flavor is perfectly balanced by the rich dark chocolate filling, resulting in a decadent and indulgent treat.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together the ground almonds and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form in a separate bowl, then gradually whisk in the caster sugar until the mixture is glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Whisk in a few drops of green food coloring until the egg white mixture is evenly colored.
- Fold in the almond and icing sugar mixture, a third at a time, until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Fill a piping bag with a plain nozzle with the mixture and pipe 3cm circles onto the prepared baking tray.
- Allow the tray to rest for 15 minutes after tapping it firmly on the work surface to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the macarons have risen and formed a 'foot' at the base, in a preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and double cream together in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- When the butter has melted, stir in the chopped pistachios and set aside to cool until firm.
- Pair the macarons with macarons of similar size once they have cooled.
- Filling should be spooned or piped onto the flat side of one macaron in each pair, then gently pressed the other macaron onto the filling to form a sandwich.
- Allow for at least an hour before serving.
Silicone Non-Stick Macaron Baking Mat
Les Petits Macarons
6 Tier Round Macaron Tower Stand
Blueberry Lavender Macarons Recipe
Raspberry Lychee Macarons Recipe
Matcha Macarons Recipe
Black Currant Macarons Recipe