Foolproof Recipes With 60 Flavors To Mix and Match, Shipped Right to Your Door
Orange Starburst Macarons Recipe
Orange Starburst Macarons are a fun and tasty take on traditional French macarons. Orange extract and gel food coloring add a bright and citrusy flavor to the shells, while chopped Starburst candy adds a chewy and fruity surprise.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 3 minutes
- In a food processor, combine and finely chop the powdered sugar and almond flour.
- Whisk the egg whites until foamy in a large mixing bowl, then add the cream of tartar and continue whisking until soft peaks form.
- Whisk in the granulated sugar gradually until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk in the orange extract and a few drops of orange gel food coloring until combined.
- In three additions, gently fold the powdered sugar and almond flour mixture into the egg white mixture until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- Fill a piping bag with a round tip with the batter.
- Pipe small circles onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, then tap the baking sheet a few times on a flat surface to release any air bubbles.
- Allow the macarons to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature, or until a skin forms on top.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are set and the bottoms are starting to brown.
- Allow the macarons to completely cool on the baking sheet.
- When the macarons are cool, spread chopped Orange Starburst candy on half of them, then top with the remaining macarons to make sandwich cookies.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
The Secrets Of Making Macarons
Acrylic Macaron Display Tray And Stand
Mad About Macarons
The Ultimate Macaron Baking Cookbook
Honey Lavender Macarons Recipe
Raspberry Chocolate Macarons Recipe
Chocolate Red Velvet Macarons Recipe
Strawberry Cream Macarons Recipe