Learn the Fundamentals of Making Delicious and Stunning Macarons At Home, Shipped Right to Your Door
Turtle Chocolate Macarons Recipe
These Turtle Chocolate Macarons are a delectable twist on a traditional French dessert. They're sure to impress with a chocolate and almond flour shell and a rich caramel-pecan filling.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
- Using parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- Sift together the powdered sugar, almond flour, and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy before adding the granulated sugar and cream of tartar.
- Keep beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until just combined with the egg white mixture.
- Fill a piping bag with the mixture and pipe small circles onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow the macarons to rest for 15-20 minutes after tapping the baking sheet on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the macarons for 12-15 minutes, or until they are set but still soft.
- Allow to cool completely on a baking sheet.
- To make the filling, in a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it just begins to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Stir the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Combine the caramel sauce and pecans in a mixing bowl.
- Fill a piping bag with the filling and pipe a small amount onto the bottom of one macaron, then sandwich with another.
- Rep with the rest of the macarons and filling.
- Before serving, chill the macarons for at least 30 minutes.
Mad About Macarons
The Ultimate Macaron Baking Cookbook
Macarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes
Matcha Latte Macarons Recipe
Cinnamon Almond Macarons Recipe
Chocolate Walnut Macarons Recipe
Orange Starburst Macarons Recipe